Because I finally decided to watch it.
- I still think that’s the most pretentious title
- Why not call In the Freezer or just Manchester?
- Yes, I cried
- A lot less by the numbers than I thought it was going to be.
- The strength comes from the moments where characters fumble (their words or behave clumsily) that give it sparks of life. Without them, I think the film would have been “by-the-numbers drama”
- IT’S FUCKING SAD
- I am glad that they gave a good reason for Lee (Casey Affleck) being such a dick because of for the first 30 minutes I thought, “why do we need another movie about a guy who is a dick
- Mini Moonrise Kingdom reunion!
- Only just realized!
- The funny thing about that is how the score reminded me Wes Anderson films
- While I liked the character, Lee, I don’t think Casey Affleck had that much to work with. Lee’s a great character and Affleck gives a good performance. I still don’t know how I feel about his Oscar win.
- The cinematography, while fitting to the story, is all that pleasing to the eye, except in one of the most dramatic scenes of the film, following the tragedy that is the key moment of Lee’s backstory.
- I liked the ending. Was it a happy ending? Not exactly, but it was realistic and a good bookend conclusion.